For the first time, Northern Arizona has an organized snow play area with plowed and managed parking, hot beverages, sleds and other concessions. Activities include sledding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and playing in the snow. (We have recently added new [...]
From Interstate 40, follow Hwy 180 north 2.8 miles past Snowbowl Road to mile marker 226 (approximate), turn left onto Forest Service Road 222B. The exit is clearly marked as “Wing Mountain Snow Play Area.” You can find a map [...]
You can call our information line at (602) 923-3555 for regular updates on opening dates. Click here for the snow report from nearby Snowbowl.
Large, managed parking lot Portable-type bathroom facilities Food and Beverages, including hot chocolate Forgot your sled? We have plenty for sale
The parking and use fee for the Wing Mountain Snow Play Area is $12 per car. No re-entry is allowed. All children under 16 must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult.
Many of our visitors ask us if we offer cross-country skiing. For those interested, the Flagstaff Nordic Center, just a few miles north of Wing Mountain, offers outstanding cross-country skiing at their full-service facility.
- we are closed, from all of us at wing mtn. we want to thank everyone for a great... March 12, 2013
- we will be open sat and sun. March 8, 2013
- Wing Mountain is closed until the next snowfall! Nothing but sunshine in the for... February 25, 2013
- Wing mountain will be open the weekend of February 22nd. **NOW UNTIL END OF SEA... February 21, 2013
- Wing Mountain will be closed February 18th. We do expect heavy snow during the w... February 17, 2013
- there is no need to update, the status is still the same. Wing mountain is open... February 16, 2013
- WING MOUNTAIN IS OPEN FOR SLEDDING! February 9, 2013
- All right! It looks like there is snow headed our way thats due to hit us by tom... February 7, 2013
- Wing Mountain is closed (sunday feb 3) due to poor conditions and lack of snow!... February 3, 2013
- Your pre weekend sled condition report is as follows: Warm weather is melting ou... February 1, 2013
From Interstate 40, follow Hwy 180 north 2.8 miles past Snowbowl Road to mile marker 226 (approximate), turn left onto Forest Service Road 222B. The exit is clearly marked as “Wing Mountain Snow Play Area.”
Wing Mountain is an outdoor recreation area. Make sure you dress appropriately for the cold. Visitors should expect icy patches on the ground and need to wear sensible outdoor shoes. For example, women are encouraged not to wear high heels.
Wing Mountain Snowplay is operated by Recreation Resource Management under special use permit with the Coconino National Forest. Recreation Resource Management is a national leader in management of public recreation facilities.