For the first time, Northern Arizona has an organized snow play area with plowed and managed parking, hot beverages, sleds and other concessions. Activities include sledding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and playing in the snow. (We have recently added new […]
From Interstate 40, follow Hwy 180 north 2.8 miles past Snowbowl Road to mile marker 226 (approximate), turn left onto Forest Service Road 222B. The exit is clearly marked as “Wing Mountain Snow Play Area.” You can find a map […]
You can call our information line at (602) 923-3555 for regular updates on opening dates. Click here for the snow report from nearby Snowbowl.
Large, managed parking lot Portable-type bathroom facilities Food and Beverages, including hot chocolate Forgot your sled? We have plenty for sale
The parking and use fee for the Wing Mountain Snow Play Area is $15 per car. No re-entry is allowed. All children under 16 must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult.
Many of our visitors ask us if we offer cross-country skiing. For those interested, the Flagstaff Nordic Center, just a few miles north of Wing Mountain, offers outstanding cross-country skiing at their full-service facility.
- mon. feb. 23rd - yes it is snowing, but we have already packed up for the seaso... February 23, 2015
- sat. feb. 15th. 2015 thankyou everyone that visited wing mountain snow play this... February 15, 2015
- wed. feb. 11th please note, wing mtn. is now closed for the rest of the season... February 11, 2015
- Tuesday feb. 10th 9am wing mtn. still closed, no snow. February 10, 2015
- Monday feb. 8th. sorry to say, still no snow, wing mtn. is still closed. February 9, 2015
- sunday feb. 8th - 7am. wing mtn. is still closed, sorry to say, we are going t... February 8, 2015
- sat. sorry still closed, no snow. February 7, 2015
- Thursday feb. 5th sorry everyone, no snow and we are still closed . we will keep... February 5, 2015
- Monday - feb. 2 wing mtn. snow play is still closed, no snow! February 3, 2015
- sat jan 31 7am. wing mtn will not be open today, no snow. sorry. January 31, 2015
From Interstate 40, follow Hwy 180 north 2.8 miles past Snowbowl Road to mile marker 226 (approximate), turn left onto Forest Service Road 222B. The exit is clearly marked as “Wing Mountain Snow Play Area.”
Wing Mountain is an outdoor recreation area. Make sure you dress appropriately for the cold. Visitors should expect icy patches on the ground and need to wear sensible outdoor shoes. For example, women are encouraged not to wear high heels.
Wing Mountain Snowplay is operated by Recreation Resource Management under special use permit with the Coconino National Forest. Recreation Resource Management is a national leader in management of public recreation facilities.