For the first time, Northern Arizona has an organized snow play area with plowed and managed parking, hot beverages, sleds and other concessions. Activities include sledding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and playing in the snow. (We have recently added new […]
From Interstate 40, follow Hwy 180 north 2.8 miles past Snowbowl Road to mile marker 226 (approximate), turn left onto Forest Service Road 222B. The exit is clearly marked as “Wing Mountain Snow Play Area.” You can find a map […]
You can call our information line at (602) 923-3555 for regular updates on opening dates. Click here for the snow report from nearby Snowbowl.
Large, managed parking lot Portable-type bathroom facilities Food and Beverages, including hot chocolate Forgot your sled? We have plenty for sale
The parking and use fee for the Wing Mountain Snow Play Area is $15 per car. No re-entry is allowed. All children under 16 must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult.
Many of our visitors ask us if we offer cross-country skiing. For those interested, the Flagstaff Nordic Center, just a few miles north of Wing Mountain, offers outstanding cross-country skiing at their full-service facility.
- sat jan 31 7am. wing mtn will not be open today, no snow. sorry. January 31, 2015
- Friday jan. 30th. 11-30am still rain only! January 30, 2015
- frid. jan. 30th - 7-30am no snow, just rain forecasted. January 30, 2015
- help! I am melting, we need snow! tue. jan. 27 January 27, 2015
- Monday jan. 26 - 6-30pm we are hoping for snow this week, hold tight ! we may g... January 27, 2015
- sun. jan. 25th where has all the snow gone??? January 25, 2015
- sat - jan 24 - 7.45am sorry everyone, still closed, come on snow!!!! January 24, 2015
- wed jan 21 - 3.30pm pictures taken 3.30pm as you can see, the little snow we go... January 21, 2015
- wed jan. 21 - 7am very, very light snow has fallen, barely half an in... January 21, 2015
- photos taken sat jan 17 -2015 we need more snow. January 18, 2015
From Interstate 40, follow Hwy 180 north 2.8 miles past Snowbowl Road to mile marker 226 (approximate), turn left onto Forest Service Road 222B. The exit is clearly marked as “Wing Mountain Snow Play Area.”
Wing Mountain is an outdoor recreation area. Make sure you dress appropriately for the cold. Visitors should expect icy patches on the ground and need to wear sensible outdoor shoes. For example, women are encouraged not to wear high heels.
Wing Mountain Snowplay is operated by Recreation Resource Management under special use permit with the Coconino National Forest. Recreation Resource Management is a national leader in management of public recreation facilities.