For the first time, Northern Arizona has an organized snow play area with plowed and managed parking, hot beverages, sleds and other concessions. Activities include sledding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and playing in the snow. (We have recently added new […]
From Interstate 40, follow Hwy 180 north 2.8 miles past Snowbowl Road to mile marker 226 (approximate), turn left onto Forest Service Road 222B. The exit is clearly marked as “Wing Mountain Snow Play Area.” You can find a map […]
You can call our information line at (602) 923-3555 for regular updates on opening dates. Click here for the snow report from nearby Snowbowl.
Large, managed parking lot Portable-type bathroom facilities Food and Beverages, including hot chocolate Forgot your sled? We have plenty for sale
The parking and use fee for the Wing Mountain Snow Play Area is $15 per car. No re-entry is allowed. All children under 16 must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult.
Many of our visitors ask us if we offer cross-country skiing. For those interested, the Flagstaff Nordic Center, just a few miles north of Wing Mountain, offers outstanding cross-country skiing at their full-service facility.
- these photo's were taken yesterday [frid. 19 dec. ] we only had enough snow to g... December 20, 2014
- dec.19 4.30 pm thankyou everyone that came out to wing mtn. today. we will be c... December 19, 2014
- frid. dec. 19 - 6.30am wing mtn. WILL BE OPEN TODAY ONLY !!!, we will not have... December 19, 2014
- thurs. dec 18 10.30 pm it has stopped snowing, we will make a decision 8am Frid... December 19, 2014
- we will be open Friday dec. 18 9am. come on in. sled & HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!! December 18, 2014
- CHEYENNE CAN'T HELP HERSELF NOW THE SNOW IS FALLING AT WING MTN. December 18, 2014
- thurs 18 dec 9am, WE HAVE GOOD SNOW FALL COMING DOWN!! HANG IN THERE PEOPLE, WE... December 18, 2014
- dec. 18 thurs.. sorry to say that we did not get snow last night, we need a goo... December 18, 2014
- wed.dec 17 - 8pm. so sorry everyone, we had very little snow today, I hope we ge... December 18, 2014
- wed. dec.17 6am [ very light snow flurries falling, if it keeps up, we should... December 17, 2014
From Interstate 40, follow Hwy 180 north 2.8 miles past Snowbowl Road to mile marker 226 (approximate), turn left onto Forest Service Road 222B. The exit is clearly marked as “Wing Mountain Snow Play Area.”
Wing Mountain is an outdoor recreation area. Make sure you dress appropriately for the cold. Visitors should expect icy patches on the ground and need to wear sensible outdoor shoes. For example, women are encouraged not to wear high heels.
Wing Mountain Snowplay is operated by Recreation Resource Management under special use permit with the Coconino National Forest. Recreation Resource Management is a national leader in management of public recreation facilities.